> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > On Oct 10, 2006, at 9:28 AM, authfriend wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > I agree, I wasn't thinking so much about resigning as about
> > > what he hasn't been doing: blaming others, calling the pages
> > > ugly names, etc.
> >
> > True, good point.  He (or at least his lawyer) has been
> > not just explicit but insistent that he takes all the
> > responsibility himself.
> >
> I agree that he has stayed out of the spotlight, however regarding
> taking personal responsibility, what I have heard from him was that
> he wrote these IMs because: 1) He is gay, 2)He is an alcoholic 3)He
> was abused by a priest when younger, which all sound like excuses
> to me. In all seriousness, maybe this is what passes for taking
> responsibility among our public officials these days.

Actually, I think that's what you've read
or heard that he said. In fact, Foley himself
hasn't said anything.  His lawyer gave a press
conference and said *explicitly and insistently*
(as I wrote above) that Foley does NOT blame
his behavior on his alcoholism or his earlier
molestation, and certainly not on his
homosexuality.  The media has chosen to ignore
this and claim instead that he *did* blame his
alcoholism and abuse.  (I don't think anybody
has said he blames it on his homosexuality.)

You can decide for yourself whether he had his
lawyer mention his alcoholism, abuse, and
homosexuality as excuses or as explanations
(two different things), but the media should have
made it clear what he actually had his lawyer
say, just in simple fairness.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: