> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> >

> > In a message dated 10/9/06 5:51:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > salsunshine@ writes:
> >
> > "It's  amazing.  Six years of a Republican majority in
> > the White  House, the House and the Senate, and all you've got is
> fear."
> > Ill. Rep.  Rahm Emanuel
> >

> > I liked his quote from This Week with Georgie Stephanopolous.
> > When Asked if he was aware the E-mails of Foley's before the
> > story broke, he  said " I never saw them". When pressed again
> > by Stephie if he had been  aware of them he repeated " I never
> > saw them". He would not deny that he  knew about them, only
> > that he had not seen them. I guess he learned that from his
> > boss. I guess that depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
>
> Man, I have to hope you're just the innocent
> dupe here.
>
> Stephanopoulos works at ABC.

I misread.  It wasn't Stephanopoulos but Rahm Emanuel
who said he hadn't read the emails.  Again, though,
it's not at all unlikely that word started getting
around D.C. just as Ross was preparing his story for
ABC, and if Emanuel had admitted he'd heard about them,
the Republicans would have tried to smear him with the
nitwit "Democratic plot" accusation.

It's too bad that you have to worry about being
forthright because you know the Republicans will try
to turn the truth against you, but that's the way it
is these days.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: