<shempmcgurk@>

> > > but we all know that the religious types will cry "foul"
state...and
> > they
> > >
> > > I don't see it that way. The publically funded CA university i
> > went to
> > > allowed TM posters alll over campus, allowed free use of large
> > > auditoriums for lectures (Jerry spoke to like 800+ in 1968 in
> > major
> > > lecture hall), provided, for free, walnut paneled executive
meeting
> > > room in the admin building -- AND even provided a meditation
room,
> > in
> > > the student union, open 16+ hours a day. ALL for free, And
> > happily. No
> > > stat/religous issue. Why would a voluntary TM course at a CA
high
> > > school -- offered for FREE -- no state funds -- raise any
religious
> > > issue. It might IF:
> > >
> > > i) the course were mandatory, AND
> > > ii) the state was paying for it.
> > >
> > > NEITHER apply in this case. Thre is no church/state issue.
> > >
> > > What is the basis of your claim? I don't get it.
> > >

> > higher ed: not mandatory
> >
> > lower ed: mandatory
> >
> huh?
>
> Its voluntary. Read the article

Correct...but going to high school isn't and that's why it has a
higher standard than, say, colleges.

Hey, I'm fishing here...and I hope I'm wrong...I'd love to see TM
implemented in public schools but as soon as it begins to catch on,
the fundies will raise holy hell and will 100% succeed. So why waste
time and energy with it?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: