> > years.

> >> Those aren't native apps. They're running on a PowerPC  emulator
> > called Rossetta.
> >
> > OK which is a better test of what I am interested in anyway. Running
> > Win Aps on a Mac Pro 2x2 to see if there is performance hit for
> > switching to mac pro  when running needed win apps
> >
> > The  dual core gateway killed the quad core Mac.  And you site
> > cost/drive issues, another article slammed apple for its cheap video
> > card in MAC pro -- and the huge apple mark-up for a "real" card.
> >
> > Hmm, any more benefits?
>

> http://www.macworld.com/2006/08/features/macproprice/index.php

OK, thanks. The mac pro is less expensive than a similar Dell.
Surprising, I want to study it more.
But still, in the benchmarks, other aticle, a two core gateway killed
the four core Mac running windows apps. Still not a contest yet.

But this is not the end of the story, since XP is not 64 bit and is
not fully tweaked for dual processors. I assume a 64-bit Vista, better
optimized for dual core, and dual socket CPUS, running 64 bit software
and software optimized for multiple cores, and on a PC with an
upcoming Intel or AMD quad core (1x4), will kill even more drastically
a  similarly confgure Mac running Win Aps.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: