<snip>

> > > Might I suggest you read some of the works of
> > > the Dominicans? I think you'd find them remarkably
> > > familiar.
> > >
> > > No hard feelings. As always, you thought you were
> > > doing the "right thing," and "defending" something
> > > that never needed defending. And as always, the
> > > more you "defended" it, the more you pushed it out
> > > of the reach of the common man and into a cubbyhole
> > > more characterized by darkness than light.
> >
> > Gosh, Barry, I'm convinced.  I mean, I know you
> > wouldn't steer me wrong on this.  There's no
> > doubt whatsoever in my mind that you can read
> > my past lives like a book.  You're just telling
> > me for my own good, no question about it.
>
> Interestingly, you have said that to me before.

Well, of course I have.  And I meant it then too.

> The Cathars believed in reincarnation; the
> Dominicans did not. Given the span of time it
> took the Inquisitors to eliminate the Cathars
> completely (and the short lifetimes compared to
> now), it was common for the same Inquisitor to
> torment the same "heretic" in several different
> lifetimes. We tried to tell you *then* that you
> were caught in an ugly cycle, but you didn't
> learn then, either.

We who?

As a heretic, you told me, the Inquisitor, that
I was caught in an ugly cycle, but I didn't pay
any attention to you?  My goodness.

> I'll drop the subject, since it clearly makes
> you uncomfortable, but there is a *great deal*
> to be learned about the TMO by reading up on
> the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages.

And that has to do with me...what?  I think you
may have lost the thread here.  You're ranting
on and on about the TMO, but what I've been
persecuting you about in this exchange is your
dishonesty and hypocrisy generally, not your
criticism of the TMO.

I've never liked the TMO either, as you know.
I've stayed as far away from it as possible.  We
*agree* that it sucks.

Nor am I a big fan of Catholicism by any means,
nor organized religion in general, and I'm strongly
inclined to believe in reincarnation.  It appears
you've gotten your wires badly crossed somewhere
along the line.

<snip>
> We keep trying to tell you this stuff, incar-
> nation after incarnation, and you keep consider-
> ing us your enemies for pointing out the obvious
> and trying to *help* you. The way to spread TM
> is for people to see smiles on the faces of its
> practitioners and joy in their lives and thus
> to want to find out what they're doing that
> allows them to live that way. But instead you
> show them faces full of fear and anger and elitism,
> and you wonder why no one flocks to the courses.

Barry, you're babbling.  Just a few weeks ago
you were dumping on me because *I* wasn't flocking
to the current course.

As to "elitism," we've had that discussion before
too.  As Richard Dawkins asks:

"What's wrong with being elitist, if you are
trying to encourage people to join the elite
rather than being exclusive?"

Which, oddly enough, echoes Ken Wilber:

"All excellence is elitist. And that includes
spiritual excellence as well. But spiritual
excellence is an elitism to which all are
invited. We go first to the great masters--
to Padmasambhava, to St. Teresa of Avila, to
Gautama Buddha, to Lady Tsogyal, to Emerson,
Eckhart, Maimonides, Shankara, Sri Ramana
Maharshi, Bodhidharma, Garab Dorje. But their
message is always the same: let this
consciousness be in you which is in me.

"You start elitist, always; you end up
egalitarian, always."

> I live in the south of France because I wanted
> to fully understand the lessons of this particular
> kind of conflict and get beyond it. You, however,
> seem to want to perpetuate it forever. How sad.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: