--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> > <j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=reach%20around
> >
> > Oh.  Thanks.
> >
> > So what the heck does that have to do with
> > Rosencrantz and Guildenstern??
>
> Dunno. I knew what a reach around is, but I had
> to look up Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. And,
> having never read Hamlet, I'm outta the loop on
> this one.

They're two minor characters, courtiers, who are
so deferential they're faintly comical.

I have no idea what weird association Curtis was
making.

-----

Don't try to *read* "Hamlet"; go see it.  Or
rent it--Mel Gibson's 1990 film version was
quite good, surprisingly.  Olivier's 1948 film
is classic.  Or, oh, my God, if you can find the
audio recording of John Gielgud's "Hamlet," it'll
knock your socks off and rip your heart out.
I think it's on CD.

Once you've got the plot and characters under your
belt, rent Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz and
Guildenstern Are Dead."  It's "Hamlet" from their
perspective, and it's brilliant.  Among other
terrific performances, Richard Dreyfus in his
best role ever as the Player.  Total gas.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: