Thanks, Jim, this is most interesting! I had just finished reading
in Swami Vishnu Devananda's "Meditation and Mantras" (which also
includes a nice translation of Patanjali's YS) that each of the
paths had its specific strengths and weaknesses. If I remember
correctly he said the bhaktas suffered a lot along the way, as their
faith was constantly being tested to the limits, whereas the jnanas'
weakness tended to be an overemphasis on the intellectual sheath,
despite their assertions of unity with Brahman. If Brian Teitzman's
revised version of Ed Tarabilda's system is correct I'm actually a
Surya (Solar path of synthesis, a little of each, which feels
right), so I'd guess I have some of the flaws of all ... along with
a good dollop of Solar pride (perhaps masked by false modesty) just
for good measure, I imagine :-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: