On Oct 27, 2006, at 1:41 PM, jim_flanegin wrote:

On Oct 27, 2006, at 10:40 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie <ltm457@>

wrote:

He knew what it was supposed to do. He maybe did not know

that mechanics of how it would go.

Just a question -- do you (or, for that matter,

does *anyone* here) actually believe that Patanjali's

technique involved thinking "relationship of body and

akasha...lightness of cotton fiber" in ANY language,

much less English?

It *astounds* me that people still believe that what

Maharishi sold to them is what Patanjali had in mind.

And of course I had posted a while back the comments of Tat Whale

Baba's successor who stated that it had to be done in Sanskrit.

Levitation actually involves two sutras, not one, and a mastery of

certain form of prana, which is very dangerous without very close

personal instruction. Hopping actually is another siddhi, the

bhuchari siddhi, the siddhi of hopping like a frog...

I suppose it comes down to whether I believe your interpretation of

what Tat Whale Baba's successor said, and how you interpret the TM-

Sidhis sutras vs. how Maharishi has brought them out.

Given my own results and assuming myself to be quite an ordinary

person, and therefore not prone to extraordinary spiritual results,

I have to say that Maharishi's TM-Siddhis program works exactly as

advertised; ridding the nervous system of deep stresses and

preparing the practitioner for Self Realization.

If what you are raising are academic quibbles over the program, I

agree that there may be some insignificant distinctions noted.

However, these are of no consequence practically. I practiced the

full TM-Siddhis program for about 13 years, twice a day.

I think the point is, despite the fact many of us had great experiences with our programs, myself included, there is no one who has full perfection of all of them.

And of course the question that raises is "why not?".