Leach's tenure repreesenting the District in which Fairfield resides
is a long one.  I was at MIU when he won over the incumbent Ed
Medvinsky (who was later convicted of some sort of fraud and may
still be in prison over it).

Medvinsky was scheduled to come to MIU to speak during the campaign
but never showed up.  So his wife came a few days later with
apologies (his wife several years later became a Congressperson
herself) and spoke on his behalf.

Leach also came to campus to speak and spoke at the learning center.

The TMO spin on all this would be: Leach got the support of nature --
 and the electorate -- because he showed up at MIU. Medvinsky didn't
because he was a no-show.

Leach must be going on almost 30 years representing that district...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> from another Yahoo group list:
>
> "Both Iowa Senators and Jim Leach, MUM's US congressman since it
> moved here, all wrote letters to the embassy to help the original
> issuance of these first 342 [visas for pundits]. In discussing
this
> on the phone, Congressman Leach said it's been a long time since
he
> visited, so he came yesterday and met with Maharishi Vedic City
and
> MUM leaders and also was going to speak with some students."
>

> complete post:
>
> Dear Friends,
>
> Experiences were as rich and infinite as ever this morning. Three
> more people described their very profound and beautiful, almost
> breathtaking experiences of Light, Unity, Atma, Brahm, in varying
> degrees of simplicity and complexity, all embedded in the
simplicity
> of Unity. The calls usually last about one and a half hours. This
> morning Maharishi was not on the line but Dr. Bevan said he'll be
> back tomorrow. When he's on, it's like participating in another
> universe, and one gets increasingly restructured. One starts to
see
> how everything one has done in the past has been in terms of off-
> base, not so in touch with what really is, no matter how creative,
> intelligent, influential from the perspective of the waking state.
Of
> what value are the past actions and achievements in the light of
> these experiences? Just to get one closer to Maharishi and to hear
> these experiences and have them, more and more. Maharishi has been
> virtually riveted (easily, blissfully) on these experiences and
> doesn't discuss much about the Pandits although he's very
attentive
> about them and their arrival and the country as a whole.
Maharishi's
> spiritual mastership is so evident in how he handles each
experiencer
> and his or experiences. Everything he says is either so unexpected
> but perfect or expected and more powerful than it used to be. In
> listening to these experiences and Maharishi, one gets the
feeling,
> this is what matters most to Maharishi, to help as many people as
> possible have this level of experience. It is this level of
> experience by so many people that is lifting America to the level
of
> deservability for invincibility and a new life together, and
> providing the unified foundation on which the Vedic Pandits can
now
> come.
>
> In most calls he creates a sort of theme. One of his main points
> recently is that experience and these experiences are themselves
the
> technology of invincibility.  Our experience is our technology.
He
> is inviting people to discuss experiences only in TM-Sidhi
practice,
> and not in activity, and not inviting any intellectual reflections
or
> perspectives about the experiences. It is powerful. Dr. John said
in
> passing at the end of one of his talks that Maharishi asks him to
> give each day, that the Course Participants are the pioneers of
> Invincible America. Maharishi really liked that and picked up on
that
> and now this identification - Pioneer of Invincible America -  is
> often used by Maharishi and Drs. John and Bevan to refer to each
> person on the Course.
>
> Maharishi had been saying he wanted 500 Pandits now, 1,000 soon,
and
> eventually 1,500. Dr. Bevan announced this morning Maharishi wants
> 1,000 Pandits to come, apparently asap, instead of just 500.  Raja
> Wynne has been speaking to banks to increase the amount of funding
> for more room, infrastructure and homes for them on their new
> campus.  The homes will be organized in six groups of 20 homes
each,
> with a kitchen and dining area for each. 750 of the 4800 of the
> foundation post holes were poured as of Wednesday along with those
> for one of the kitchens, and work was proceeding well on all the
> utilities, etc. Fiber optic cable is going in and the many permits
> required were in process. The new homes are 41' X 14,'  about 1/3
> smaller than those of the original campus where Mother Divine now
> resides. They come in one part, not two halves, so won't need to
be
> joined when they are installed. It took about one day to join the
> halves of the first buildings and install them, these new homes
will
> go in faster, probably six/business day, as they arrive. The first
> three new homes are due today Friday, or Monday, with 6/business
day
> streaming in after that until by the end of November they should
be
> all in. The Movement's attorney in India, Bill Goldstein, met with
> the person in charge of issuing passports at the embassy perhaps
in
> order to increase the number of passports which can be issued and
the
> speed of issuance.
>
> This also creates a situation in which Pandits will
likely/possibly
> be staying on MUM campus longer, as there is not enough room on
their
> new campus for 1,000. A sign went up in the dome yesterday that
there
> is no more room on campus for IA CPs, and only off-campus housing
is
> currently available. Because more Pandits are planned to come
sooner,
> this situation could last longer, with perhaps small amounts of
> campus housing becoming available as small numbers of CPs leave.
> There were a number of times numbers went over 1200 in August, but
> not since then until last week when 1205 was reached, then this
past
> Wednesday pm, when 1207 participated in group program in the
various
> halls. Off campus housing is available at http://mum.edu/housing
> forum/, if I remember the address correctly.
>
> The two numbers to call for information are 641 472 1212 (Devco,
> which processes applications) and 472 1230, the Invincible Course
> hotline. Or one can email hotlineia@ For almost all information,
> see http://invincibleamerica.org. For the D.C. Course, call 301
770
> 5690. One can also email questions from a click on
> http://invincibleamerica.org/hotline.html
>
> Men's program in Maharishi Vedic City has moved to four rooms on
the
> ground floor in Headley Hall, the Peace Palace headquarters of Dr.
> Robert Schneider's Institute for Natural Medicine and Prevention,
> which is upstairs. The lady's program is also there in a different
> area. It is very comfortable with lots of prana and room and
comfort.
> The Maharishi Vedic City Ladies' MEC led by Dr. Cynthia Parker is
> also there on the ground floor. All the locations participate on
the
> two-way daily video broadcasts with Maharishi, Dr. John and Dr.
> Bevan, as does Raja Wynne and Rajas Dean and Bob from the D.C. IA
> Course location. There are many people working on two Peace
Palaces
> on campus on the west side of Highway 1, right across the street
from
> the huge new Student Center which has all its walls and windows
now,
> on the site of the previous round Learning Center.
>
> Both Iowa Senators and Jim Leach, MUM's US congressman since it
moved
> here, all wrote letters to the embassy to help the original
issuance
> of these first 342. In discussing this on the phone, Congressman
> Leach said it's been a long time since he visited, so he came
> yesterday and met with Maharishi Vedic City and MUM leaders and
also
> was going to speak with some students.
>
> In order to accommodate 1,000 Pandits, a sixth frat may be added
> their mini-campus (113 was added two days ago). Most of the fence
is
> now up around the five frats, and work is very, very busy with
many,
> many people walking all over the area doing and carrying all kinds
of
> things. The organization is a combination of well-structured and
> organic, with volunteers almost pouring in for varying amounts of
> time, with varying degrees and kinds of skills. All five frats are
> virtually crawling with MUM staff and volunteers, with all sorts
of
> vehicles pulling up, being loaded or unloaded, and pulling out.
The
> leaders seem to be in an automatic friendly instant computing mode
> due to so many people continually asking them so many different
> things hour after hour, day after day. A project central admin
table
> is set up and was just moved last night out of one frat into
another
> in order to carpet and paint the lobby. Carpeting, painting,
mirrors,
> curtains, outlet and switch plates, lights, alarms, full kitchens
in
> the basement of each building, beds, bed linens, bath linens,
shower
> curtains, rods, futons, Asian toilets and all the other fixtures,
> etc. This project has come up quickly and everyone's doing a good
> job, without any or much sacrifice of rest. I saw two of the main
> organizers speaking on their cell phones, back to back about a
foot
> or two apart, and it seemed they were speaking to each other. It's
> happy somewhat intense organizational situation as the frats were
not
> in use and in substantial need of restoration to meet the
standards
> for the pandits.
>
> The first of the 342 are due this evening, and another group on
> Sunday. All of these 342 plus 15 cooks and 8 staff or admin are
> scheduled to be in by Sunday or Monday. There is room for 45 more
in
> the frats and 45 more in the Capital, although when more might
come
> hasn't been announced, except for the sense of soon.
>
> Meanwhile, MUM students are organizing holiday parties and
continuing
> their studies. In Annapurna, one can see all the different worlds
> people live in intersecting, coexisting, and to some extent
> independent. Many students from Asia and Africa study at MUM now.
One
> can see that somehow, each person's world is being strengthened
and
> transformed from within to become stronger and more vital, and all
> the worlds are interacting in increasing harmony, nourishing one
> another. A new world is in the process of creation and becoming
> increasing visible, especially if one puts the attention on it.
> Yesterday Maharishi emphasized the glory of our attention.
>
> Jai Guru Dev

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: