> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" jyouells@
> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"

> who are
> to the
> more
> low
> > system
> people
> > status
> the
> > > >
> > > This all has nothing whatsoever to do with Vedic knowledge. The
> Vedas
> > > are the oral record of the Seers' cognitions of the vibratory
> > > universe. No more and no less. All of these misintepretations
> have as
> > > much to do with the Veda as do Catholic priests molesting
> children
> > > have to do with the life of Christ. It is all poisonous
> > > misintepritation based on waking state ignorance.
> >
> > That may be true in the pure sense, but I thought we were talking
> about
> > the willingness of Maharishi and the TMO to tap  westerners for
> money.
> > Cultural attitudes linger in the subconscious ....
> >
> > JohnY
> >
> Hi, I missed that original part of the thread. In any case I really
> can't see full grown adults as victims, nor Maharishi's attitudes
> towards those he deals with as condescending. It doesn't feel
> accurate to me.

Not victims, but dealt with dishonestly. You don't think that taking
money and not using it for it's stated purpose is both dishonest and
condescending? It's not good to use someone's ignorance against them.

> Regarding the TMO tapping westerners for money, who knows? I
> gave 'em fifty bucks to help bring over the pundits, which I
> consider money well spent (perhaps it paid for 30 minutes of bag-
> piping?!...), though it has been about ten years since I last
> donated anything.

Minimizing the reality doesn't change it. Without the millions (and
millions)  from the west Maharishi would still be in a basement in Utter
Kashi.

JohnY

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional