Rick Archer snipped:
FF is a diverse, eclectic community, and I want FFL to reflect that
and remain unrestricted. Of course, drunks at a party are always a
touchy problem. I keep hoping they¹ll sober up. If they don¹t, there¹s
always my solution: last night I processed 450 unread posts by sorting
by author,reading the few posts by authors whom I can trust to say
something substantive (wayback, Mark Meredith, David Fiske, and a few
others) and deleting the rest. Unfortunately I¹m sure there were some
great ones by Barry, Shemp, Judy, and even spraig, but I didn¹t have
the time to dig for them. C¹est la vie

Tom T;
I reached the same conclusion a long time ago. I am away from this box
4 nights and three days a week 7 months of the year. Since most of our
prolific posters have consistently had little of value to say it is
easy to get my 300 to 500 posts in my FFlife inbox on every Monday
morning down to a managable total by sorting them by name and deleting
them enmasse. Takes about a minute to delete 95% of the traffic. Those
who have meaningful things to say get responded to or at least
considered as haveing merit. In effect they have their own private
chat room right here. As far as I am concerned they do not exist. It
is really about quality not quantity. It is not about personality just
quality of thought and expression. Enjoy talking to yourselfs I just
don't care to allow your level of drivel into my consciousness. Tom

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: