From: "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 11:06 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: vision of FFL's Fairfield Life's future

--- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rick Archer snipped:
> FF is a diverse, eclectic community, and I want FFL to reflect that
> and remain unrestricted. Of course, drunks at a party are always a
> touchy problem. I keep hoping they¹ll sober up. If they don¹t,
there¹s
> always my solution: last night I processed 450 unread posts by
sorting
> by author,reading the few posts by authors whom I can trust to say
> something substantive (wayback, Mark Meredith, David Fiske, and a
few
> others) and deleting the rest. Unfortunately I¹m sure there were
some
> great ones by Barry, Shemp, Judy, and even spraig, but I didn¹t
have
> the time to dig for them. C¹est la vie
>
> Tom T;
> I reached the same conclusion a long time ago. I am away from this
box
> 4 nights and three days a week 7 months of the year. Since most of
our
> prolific posters have consistently had little of value to say it is
> easy to get my 300 to 500 posts in my FFlife inbox on every Monday
> morning down to a managable total by sorting them by name and
deleting
> them enmasse. Takes about a minute to delete 95% of the traffic.
Those
> who have meaningful things to say get responded to or at least
> considered as haveing merit. In effect they have their own private
> chat room right here. As far as I am concerned they do not exist.
It
> is really about quality not quantity. It is not about personality
just
> quality of thought and expression. Enjoy talking to yourselfs I
just
> don't care to allow your level of drivel into my consciousness. Tom

This ability to sort through the various interwoven yet distinct
threads on FFL make it possible to construct my own personalized
forum here. I read all of this stuff on the website, as I am
overloaded with email already. Its no big deal to use discrimination
and decide what to focus on. Gee, its kind of like the world at
large, the massively beautifully complex world- what to put my
attention on next? Just because I enjoy a skyscape now doesn't mean
the trash should go away, I just don't pay attention to it. Its very
existence doesn't offend me though.

Viva FFL! Thanks again Rick for this valuable and enjoyable
resource!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: