> cardemaister wrote:
> > Am7 Dm7 G7 Cmaj9
> > Fmaj7 Bm7b5 Esus4 E7
> >
> > Jesus, but that Esus sounds
> > great when I "play" that tune
> > with "techni-chord" on!  :D
> The progression is a simple cycle of fourths and therefore open to a
lot
> of workable chord substitutions.  Here is a little jazzier version:
> A-9 D-9 G13 C 9/6
> Fmaj7b5 B-7b5 Esus4 E7
>
> It also works if you pivot between the B diminished a E7 variations.
> Experiment with varieties that enhance the melody and provide more
> underlying tension for greater emotional support.

That's too "professional" for me. I have no idea how to
get e.g. G13. (Perhaps the techni-chord plays something
like that for me...) I think one has to be mathematically[!] rather
gifted to be able to come up with one's own ideas about various
possibilities with chords. I have to rely on what I see
in the notes or elsewhere.
 But "emotional support" is an interesting notion.
It was amazing to notice what a big difference Esus4
makes compared to plain E major.
AFAIK, harmony (playing chords) is nearly non-existent
in Indian classical music.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: