--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Sigh, talk about projecting western ideas. The devas are NOT gods in the
western sense of
the word. They are anthromorphisms of laws of nature. According to the more
sophisticated forms of hinduism, one can influence their activity by performing
the proper
rituals like yagyas or by using their bija mantras during TM practice (dhyan)
but they are
NOT gods ala the Greek Zeus and so on.

They have no free will available to them beyond the ability to incarnate as
living creatures
(we were once all Indra, to paraphrase an old story) and without the proper
rituals, they
are completely predictable using western scientific means. The stories of their
romantic
relationships are allegorical and are supposed to describe their relationship
with other
laws of nature.

Think of the devas as being the Q ala star trek but less whimsical. I feel odd
saying that
since the Q are actually the star trek presentation of the hindu devas, but oh
well...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: