On Nov 16, 2006, at 8:50 AM, coulsong2001 wrote:

<snip - discussion about how many meditation studies Lawson and Vaj
have read>

It's absolutely immaterial "how many", what is most important is

that

there is no bias and that the researchers understand the spectrum

of

meditation practice, not merely a single, isolated brand or

technique

they are (in violation of a *true* null hypothesis) trying to
forward. Suffice to say I am able to access a huge number of

studies

most people would never see unless they were privy to specialized
journals, so therefore I read a lot more than your average person,

on

a monthly basis.

I'm intrigued about these specialized journals that are apparently
only available to a select few people!

Are these journals actually *secret*?? If not, I'd be interested in
being pointed to two or three of them. If so, I think we can
disregard any claim they might make to scientific credibility.

Medical journals are not secret, but often to subscribe you need appropriate licensure or board certification to subscribe.