> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > But Judy says she could not stomach having a simple lunch or beer
> > with some on the list. Can't see any good or bliss. Still some steps
> > to go, IMHO.
>
> Never claimed I didn't have steps to go, for
> the record.
>
> But it isn't that I can't see any good or bliss.
> It's that they're far outweighed by the negatives.
>
> FWIW, I think "What you put your attention on
> grows" is being used here as a thought-stopper.

**

Well, yes, but not the way you mean it.

Judy, have you read any Nisargadatta?  Have we talked about that
before?  Do you have any thoughts about him or his books (if you've
read him)?

Honest, I'm not trying to play any tricks.  I meant everything I said
and I'm not saying that you're a bad person because you think bad of
Barry and criticize him.  It was just an invitation to put one of
Maharishi's key tenets to work for you.  That's what I meant by
"living well".

If you put your attention on the positive, then that's where you are
and that's what you experience.  It just grows and grows and it's a
self reinforcing feedback loop.  It's outrageous.  And That is who you
are, and That is what it is, and That is Attention -- Attention itSelf
 -- Pure Awareness.  So, in that sense it's a thought stopper.

And It is all, everything, the only thing . . . what all those great
big spiritual guys and gals keep talking about.  I read something of
Nisargadatta just the other day.  Something along the lines that the
goal of realization was far too close to even allow anything like a
path to be needed.  It's who you are.

That's all I was talking about.  I wasn't trying to shut you up.  You
asked the question about what Maharishi meant by what you put your
attention on grows stronger in your life, and I got all excited to
answer it because I thought it was "the" great question.  It's a great
question.

Marek