--- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > --- suziezuzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> [...]
> > > How do you judge at what level
> > > someone's psychosis
> > > becomes a hazard to the practice and that TM
> would
> > > make it worse?
> >
> > Anyone who is psychotic should not start TM nor
> > continue with the practice. Psychosis is a general
> > term given to someone with symptoms that indicate
> > loss of contact with object/consensual reality.
> They
> > present with hallucinations and delusions.
> >

> heh. So anyone wh is practicing TM who shows
> hallucinatios and delusions shouldn't
> practice TM, even if under teh care of a non-TMing
> psychaitrist who is aware of the
> minimalist research on TM and mental health issues?
> Sounds like you're usurping the
> physician's role here, which is illegal and
> unethical, Peter...

Any psychiatrist who has a patient that is
hallucinating and delusional would be off their rocker
to allow this patient to practice meditation of any
sort. For Christ's sake, they are psychotic. Do you
know what this means? Do you have any experience with
psychosis? Out of what experience and knowlede base do
you speak out of? I treat psychotic patients. I
actually know what the f*ck I'm talking about here.
Why would you even want a psychotic patient to
meditate? So they'll "get enlightened"? Ha! That's the
last thing they'd be interested in. They just want a
normal waking state life and to have the
hallucinations of spiders in their vagina and snakes
up their rectum come to an end. They want the
delusions that their brain is rotten and filled with
machines to stop. Again, what would be the motivation
for a psychotic patient to meditate? Why? So they'll
get better? TM will not help psychotic patients,
period. It makes them worse. End of screed.