> --- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> > >

> > > --- suziezuzie <msilver1951@> wrote:
> > >
> > [...]
> > would
> > >
> > > Anyone who is psychotic should not start TM nor
> > > continue with the practice. Psychosis is a general
> > > term given to someone with symptoms that indicate
> > > loss of contact with object/consensual reality.
> > They
> > > present with hallucinations and delusions.
> > >

> > heh. So anyone wh is practicing TM who shows
> > hallucinatios and delusions shouldn't
> > practice TM, even if under teh care of a non-TMing
> > psychaitrist who is aware of the
> > minimalist research on TM and mental health issues?
> > Sounds like you're usurping the
> > physician's role here, which is illegal and
> > unethical, Peter...
>
> Any psychiatrist who has a patient that is
> hallucinating and delusional would be off their rocker
> to allow this patient to practice meditation of any
> sort. For Christ's sake, they are psychotic. Do you
> know what this means? Do you have any experience with
> psychosis? Out of what experience and knowlede base do
> you speak out of? I treat psychotic patients. I
> actually know what the f*ck I'm talking about here.
> Why would you even want a psychotic patient to
> meditate? So they'll "get enlightened"? Ha! That's the
> last thing they'd be interested in. They just want a
> normal waking state life and to have the
> hallucinations of spiders in their vagina and snakes
> up their rectum come to an end. They want the
> delusions that their brain is rotten and filled with
> machines to stop. Again, what would be the motivation
> for a psychotic patient to meditate? Why? So they'll
> get better? TM will not help psychotic patients,
> period. It makes them worse. End of screed.

Define "psychotic." As I already pointed out I work quite closely (no they are
not MY
caregivers, but I am intimately related to the patient) with a psychiatrist and
counselor
whose patient requires treatment with anti-psychotic meds for severe anxiety
disorder
with occassional symptoms like hearing voices that tell him to do
self-destructive things.
Both recommended that he continue his TM practice, even after *I* pointed out
the
potential issues and the spotty research on the subject.

You are just plain full of it, and in fact, anyone who uses you professionally
is at-risk for
dealing with a rather unethcial and unintelligent person, IMHO.