> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > And if you're skeptical, it sure does sound like
> > a rather bizarre excuse--particularly when you're
> > then told the egotistical behavior is a lesson
> > for *you*.
> >
> I know, to the mind it all sounds very fucked up, no
> question. Time to call on one of Maharishi's time
> honored expressions: "Take it easy, take it as it
> comes".

I'm not *arguing*, Jim, except to take issue with
your calling it "silly" to assume behavior is
related to state of consciousness.

I'm not even skeptical.  I've made similar points
myself.  I'm just trying to highlight the paradox
as starkly as I can.  And at the same time, suggest
that enlightened folks don't get special treatment.
That they don't experience themselves as authors of
their actions doesn't mean they're excused from
accountability for those actions.