> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > This is a HUGE misconception regarding enlightened
> > consciousness vs unenlightened consciousness, that
> > somehow based on someone's speech or actions, a
> > determination of attachment can be made. That some
> > logical conclusion can be reached. This is silly and
> > wrong to think this way.
>
> Well, it may be wrong, but it isn't silly.

I meant that not to even consider it for a second longer.

> How can you possibly know it doesn't work the
> usual way in enlightenment if you haven't
> experienced it yourself?  Especially when those
> who claim to be enlightened use images like
> "Teflon slide" to describe their experience of
> life?

Not teflon slide- "It's teflon all the way down", meaning that the
mind is confounded by there not being anything to hang on to like
there was previously. Both carefree and loaded with additional
responsibilities...cuts both ways.

> All you can do is take their word for it that
> being on a Teflon slide is perfectly compatible
> with behaving like an egotistical jerk.
>
> And if you're skeptical, it sure does sound like
> a rather bizarre excuse--particularly when you're
> then told the egotistical behavior is a lesson
> for *you*.

I know, to the mind it all sounds very fucked up, no question. Time
to call on one of Maharishi's time honored expressions: "Take it
easy, take it as it comes".