> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
> <tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlist@> wrote:
> >
> > Torquise B srites snipped:
> > > No "purification" is required to experience realization.
> >
> > Jim Flanegin writes snipped from longer piece:
> > Right. The experience of Realization can be had by anyone,
> > any time. But in order to sustain Realization, purification
> > must occur. I think it was Muktananda who said instant
> > enlightenment is just that; it lasts for an instant.
> >
> > TomT;
> > Jean Kline woke up in 1955 passed in 1998. "The awakening was
> > instantanious, clarity takes place in space-time".
>
> Thanks, Tom.
>
> It's fascinating how much more accurate your statement
> is than Jim's.

Here's an example of what I was referring to in
my previous post.  Jim's disagreement with Barry
on this point couldn't be expressed any more
politely.  What's really fascinating is that to
Barry, any disagreement with his perspective is
by definition hostile, so he puts Jim down.

> Jim's implies *failure* or something
> *missing* in short-term experiences of realization.
> Your statement -- far more accurate -- refers only to
> how much clarity we bring to the experience.

I don't see any hint of "failure" or even anything
"missing" in Jim's post.  It seems to me he's saying
exactly what Tom says but in slightly different terms.

On the other hand, your "how much clarity we bring
to the experience" itself automatically implies
something missing, i.e., that less than total clarity
is possible.  Same with Tom's "clarity takes place in
space-time."

 No bullshit
> about physiology, no guru saying, "Yeah, sure you've had
> the experience of realization but you still have to stick
> around and pay me because it isn't 'stabilized' yet."

The issue of physiology is unsettled, but of course
maintaining that physiology is a factor does not
(particularly with TM) necessarily involve "payments"
to the guru nor even "sticking around."  To suggest
otherwise is to load one's argument with a straw man
(for the sake, obviously, of a putdown).

> The only thing that develops over time is clarity of
> experience, which develops on its own, no guru needed.
> Much better way of expressing it.

Jim, of course, said nothing about needing a guru.

The only real issue here is whether physiology is
a factor in the development of clarity.  But Barry
doesn't even address it; he just nastily contradicts
Jim's position with a bunch of putdowns and tries
to portray Jim as wrong, wrong, wrong.

One further point: Barry has repeatedly touted the
Buddhist approach to attempting to maintain positive
states of awareness and its tolerance for other
perspectives, contrasting TM unfavorably with
Buddhism in these regards.  Yet we rarely see Barry
following these Buddhist principles.