> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > > During residence courses and the large group courses I used to
> > > experience something that I suppose could be called Samadhi,
> > > in that
> > > I was totally overshadowed by bliss- just pouring out of me
> > > (along
> > > with some stress release), angelic visions, and feeling like I
> > > was
> > > transported to a paradisical place. It went on day and night at
> > > least as long as the course lasted and often for a little while
> > > after.
> > >
> > > But I came to see quickly that this was not Realization.
> >
> > It's also not samadhi. :-)
> >
> > If you can describe it, it's a relative experience.
> >

> Interesting. I get the impression, sometimes, that you put
> me in the category of those who
> have never "had a spiritual epxerience."

Not at all. I don't "class" your experiences at
all. *Sometimes* when you're discussing them, the
energy of samadhi comes through what you've written;
other times the energy of strong emotion, which is
*not* samadhi, comes through.

That's a very different thing that those for whom
the energy of samadhi *never* comes through.