--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
>
> > I wonder if anyone has ever tried to get the CIA reports on
> Mahesh
> > via the Freedom of Information Act? That would be interesting to
> see.
> >
> Interesting point- Prompted by your remark, I was searching both the
> Department of State and CIA websites just now for references to TM,
> Maharishi, and the Dalai Lama. Not much on TM- A couple of
> references on the State Dept. website regarding relgious freedom in
> Austria and the Netherlands.
>
> Regarding the Dalai Lama:
> From Questions Pertaining to Tibet (1969-1972)--
> http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/70146.pdf
>
> "During the first Nixon administration (1969–1972), the U.S.
> Government continued its decade-long support of the Dalai Lama and
> his followers, including political action, propaganda, and
> paramilitary activity...
>
> Funds also were provided to the Dalai Lama for his propaganda
> efforts ...This operation began during the second Eisenhower
> administration(1957–1961) and continued through the Kennedy and
> Johnson administrations...
>
> The total cost of the Tibetan program ...was approximately $2.5
> million per year with $500,000 of that figure for non-guerrilla
> political, propaganda, and intelligence operations.
>
> ...CIA Tibetan activities, utilizing followers of the Dalai Lama,
> have included in addition to guerrilla support a program of
> political, propaganda, and intelligence operations."
>
> Interesting that Maharishi claims the CIA opposes him, but for
> Tibetan Buddhists, the CIA was an ally.

Enemy of my enemy... Playing them off against China. And China is STILL an
enemy,
according to the neocons. The most important long-term reason to invade Iraq
was to
create military bases  there in order to have a friendly place to position
American troops in
order to bring pressure to bear on China, or so the PNAC white paper, signed
off by
everybody who was anybody in the first BW administration, says, including
Brother Jeb.