On Dec 30, 2006, at 6:04 PM, bob_brigante wrote:

In your post
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/126763
I found it interesting that Maharishi repeated several times that
people should only be meditating 3-4 hours. I wonder if this message
got through to Bevan et al who are requiring invincibility course
participants to do 8 hours:

He probably contradicts himself quite often. The recent posts attributed to him seem to indicate some senility. So he's probably said both 3-4 and 8 if you go back in the transcripts.

What's disturbing to me is his emphasis on subtle meditative moods and getting the students to wallow in them. Why would you want to encourage such nonsense? Since there's no spiritual benefit, one has to assume it's to raise more money.