On Dec 31, 2006, at 10:17 AM, Sal Sunshine wrote:

On Dec 31, 2006, at 8:50 AM, feste37 wrote:

What's disturbing to me is his emphasis on subtle meditative moods
and getting the students to wallow in them. Why would you want to
encourage such nonsense? Since there's no spiritual benefit, one has
to assume it's to raise more money.

Perhaps it has escaped your notice that the current course is free.

And what do you want to bet there's plugs for $$ every day?  The TMO
never does anything "for free."  They'll grab you for as much as they
can, one way or another.

Or at least bombard you with advertisement and suggestions.

The only reason the current course is free (from what I can tell) is that some very wealthy TB's, seeing the movement floundering and dying a slow death, decided to underwrite it. In other words, this wouldn't be happening if it wasn't bought and paid for.

I also strongly suspect the recent deployment of Vedic-sacrificial experts is helping bring more dollars from the remaining millionaire TB's as they can finally see it is happening and therefore see it as a worthwhile thing to throw money at.