> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > The only thing that can be said with any certainty is that the
ME
> > produces profoundly positive results. How? When? Where? Can't
say.
> > It's, er, paradoxical...
>
> The only thing that can be said with any "certainty"
> about the ME is that a number of people paid a lot
> of money to learn the TM sidhis technique that
> supposedly causes the ME to happen. That's it, the
> *only* "certainty." ALL else is a matter of hope or
> belief or speculation.  And all these things -- hope,
> belief, and speculation -- are fine, but don't try
> to pass them off as "certainty." When you do, the
> thing that the readers tend to realize with some
> certainty is that they're dealing with a religious
> fanatic.  :-)

I am absolutely certain about what I wrote about the ME, however I
don't hope, have belief, or make speculations about the ME. I don't
ever think about it, really, for to do so would be to project myself
into the future, or the past, which is something I just don't do,
for the simple reason that the future and past don't, in reality,
exist.

However, the intellect functioning in ignorance will create past and
future, and by this construct, be unable to embody the paradox of
what I have said about the ME. Is that what you are grappling with?

Also, my siddhis were free, as a result of a work exchange program.
Didn't cost me a cent. At the time, I was "pre-career", and very
focused on my spiritual development anyway, so no trade-off either.
Just free.