--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> You seem to be forgetting that Shantinand was eventually declared by a later
> version of
the same committee to be unqualified so he stepped down.

After 20+ years of service. He nominated Vishndevananda in his place who was
also on the
will that SBS allegedly made. When Vishnudevananda died, he nominated
Vasudevananda,
who was never a direct disciple of Gurudev. A new court hearing challenged him
since
wasn't a direct disciple, and Swarupananda was given a better standing by court
fiat.

Shatananda was declared "unqualified" because he was a cook, basically. The
fact that he
was Gurudev's oldest disciple didn't matter to the scholars.