On Jan 12, 2007, at 9:23 AM, Peter wrote:

In the 1980's Michael Hedges and a bunch of other
Windham Hill artist came to Fairfield for a concert.
It was at the Fairfield Highschool. Hedges came out
and played his amazing cover of All Along the
Watchtower. When he finished there was this stunned
silence for for about a second and then all the rus
exploded in applause and shouting. An amazing moment.

I've seen Michael a couple of times and met him once.

People who saw Michael in concert often had a similar experience of shock and surprise. I last saw him just before his untimely death and he actually would guide the audience through various experiences through his compositions, it was amazing to see.

Kaki King, who I just met last year for the first time inspires a similar awe in her audiences. In the gig I was at, she came out with a small lap steel guitar plugged into an electronic "loop" and laid down a percussion track with percussive strumming. Then she built a composition spontaneously on layers and layers of loops. It was really interesting to watch because each time she does it is essentially a new composition. It's like you were participating in her creative process.