> > The term 'outside' as in 'outside the body' is used from a
physical-
> > limited understanding, that things are understood to be outside
the
> > body because this is how we experience the world, subject-object
> > relationships. So for lack of a better word or description, since
> the
> > Self is unlimited by space and time, i.e., nonlocalized, the
> > description, 'outside' in the case of witnessing would refer
> to 'not
> > connected' or un connected or disconnected, viewing from a
> different
> > point of dimensional-fulness-reality, etc. The idea of being out
of
> > the body also refers to grosser astral perceptions in which a
> denser
> > (astral) spirit can move out of the physical-body dimension.
>

> > Witnessing gives an idea of watching but not necessarily from a
> > distance.
> >

> ************
>
> If I'm watching TV, I'm doing do so from a distance. If I'm
watching
> a baseball game at the park, I'm doing so from a distance. The
> experience of witnessing is an experience of watching from a
> distance, and the reason why one begins to feel distanced from the
> body as one grows in consciousness is because one is no longer
> overwhelmed (due to limited awareness) by physical phenomena.
> Ultimately, when Cosmic Consciousness is gained, and one is a
witness
> to creation all the time and permanently, even the death of the
body,
> ordinarily an overwhelming experience, has no meaning.

It doesn't matter why we witness, "because one is no longer
overwhelmed by physical phenomena" or sense perception. You're hung
up on the words, 'outside' and 'distance'. From the perspective of
the unlocalised Self, there is no outside or distance. It witnesses
Itself as not connected. The same is said about Krishna, while
creating the universe He is uninvolved, not from a distance or
outside his creation, but on the level of the Absolute, not involved.
There are no considerations of outside or distance with regards to
Atma, Self or the Absolute or Brahman. They exist everywhere and
nowhere--The Witness of it's own creation. The scripture that you
quote uses the words outside or distance merely as a convenience to
convey a concept that is beyond description, the idea of Witnessing.