> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > <no_reply@>

> > > I see. So you're saying that I, afraid that someone
> > > would discover that I'd been posting late at night,
> > > canceled those posts and then went back in time and
> > > sent the one that Off quoted in *his* post *in the
> > > past*, so it would bear the Yahoo timestamp of 11:32
> > > that it has now. Did I get that right?
> >
> > No, you didn't.  You continue to have difficulty
> > discerning the difference between an *assertion*
> > and a *question*.
> >
> > My point was, of course, that since you're known
> > to cancel "inconvenient" posts, and since you're
> > known to be dishonest generally, one can't take
> > your assertions at face value.
>
> A simple apology, after checking that no posts
> were deleted last night, would have been sufficient.

Apology for what?  I didn't do any checking.  I
asked a question.

> Unless, of course, your real intent were to *claim*
> that one can't take my assertions at face value.

No need to "claim" that.  It's been documented many
times.

> Wasn't it you who was berating someone lately for
> posting negative information without checking the
> source/validity of his claim.

Don't believe so, but that's irrelevant since I didn't
post any negative information about when you had made
your post.  I asked a *question* about whether you had
canceled the post.

 You bounced into this
> thread to *plant* the idea that I'd deleted some
> posts from last night, when it would have taken you
> less than 30 seconds to see that wasn't true, just
> by checking the number sequence.
>
> In other words, your intent was to smear, as usual.
> The facts be damned.

My intention was as I stated it above: to point out
that your general habit of dishonesty, and your habit
of canceling "inconvenient" posts, means you can't
be taken at your word about when you post; it's
necessary to *question* your assertions.

Which is what I did.  If you don't like it, then
I'd suggest you consider working to break your
habit of dishonesty and resolve to always tell the
truth.  Once you've built up a reputation for doing
so, it will no longer be necessary to question your
assertions.