> > > *Because of* the need to attract a
> > > man to support them, (in Rama's view) women attained
> > > a higher proficiency with the occult arts than men
> > > did. They became adept at the mini-siddhis that make
> > > up the "science of attraction," the ability to "make
> > > someone fall in love with you." In his view almost
> > > every romantic relationship was initiated by women,
> > > and most of the time involved them using their occult
> > > abilities to (at the very least) attract the man'
> > > s attention and get him to focus on her. And, as he
> > > pointed out, there is really "no harm, no foul" in
> > > doing this, because women *had very few alternatives*.
> >
> > Just curiously, would "mini-siddhis" and "occult
> > abilities" include, say, the release of pheromones?
>
> Possibly, but that's not what I'm talking about.
> It's more like "lines of power" emanating from
> person who can to this. These lines are actually
> *visible* when you've been trained to see them,
> and last I check pheromones aren't.

OK.  It's just that as an involuntary biological
signal of sexual interest (in both sexes), pheromones
can be a very powerful subliminal attractor.

I wonder if one could be trained to consciously turn
pheromones on or off at will, and/or to consciously
detect them. That might be a "siddhi" worth having.