> Fascinating. This places the actual physical center near the
> sacred site of Bear Butte--the place where Crazy Horse and
> Geronimo achieved siddhi--and one of the most powerful sacred
> sites I've ever experienced. Ritual activity in this area goes
> back over 10,000 years and is sacred to the Sioux and the
> Cheyenne. It's their "Mt. Sinai". If you are ever in this area,
> it's worth the day hike or better, an
> overnight. It will blow your mind.

Vaj, your excellent description of the place below
prompts me to ask whether you're familiar with the
cult film "Powwow Highway." One of the key scenes
in the film takes place there, as Philbert (one of
the best characters I've ever met in film) climbs
Noahvose as part of his own odd vision quest. It's
a really lovely movie; if you don't know it, you
should definitely add it to your Netflix queue.