On Jan 19, 2007, at 8:57 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

Fascinating. This places the actual physical center near the
sacred site of Bear Butte--the place where Crazy Horse and
Geronimo achieved siddhi--and one of the most powerful sacred
sites I've ever experienced. Ritual activity in this area goes
back over 10,000 years and is sacred to the Sioux and the
Cheyenne. It's their "Mt. Sinai". If you are ever in this area,
it's worth the day hike or better, an
overnight. It will blow your mind.

Vaj, your excellent description of the place below
prompts me to ask whether you're familiar with the
cult film "Powwow Highway." One of the key scenes
in the film takes place there, as Philbert (one of
the best characters I've ever met in film) climbs
Noahvose as part of his own odd vision quest. It's
a really lovely movie; if you don't know it, you
should definitely add it to your Netflix queue.

No I haven't but now I really want to see it, thanks!

A couple of movies I've seen recently you might enjoy are (unrelated to the above, just great movies):

Harvie Krumpet (a short, contact me offlist if you haven't).

September 11 ( a collection of short films on 9/11 themes from all over the world).

Have you seen "Pan's Labyrinth" (El Laberinto del Fauno) yet?