> In a message dated 1/23/07 11:09:32 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> I don't  get why when Ahmadinejad says the US and Israel will be
> destroyed,  invariably someone misquotes him as saying Iran will
> destroy them. He has  not said that-- at least I haven't read it
> anywhere. I take his speech as  referring to the possibiity of
karmic
> retribution coming to both  countries, not that Iran will be that
agent
> of karmic retribution.
>

> Then he needs to state clearly that it is his belief that the
destruction of
> Israel and the United States will be an act of God

Or that the U.S. and Israel will self-destruct.

and Iran will  have
> nothing to do with it, while he makes his nuclear weapons.
Otherwise it  clearly
> comes off as a threat. When you are on the receiving end of such a
threat, by a
> hostile country that sponsors terrorism and one that is hell bent
on making
> their own nuclear weapons,to take it as a "possibility" that  maybe
he just
> means your Karma is going to catch up with you would be  absolutely
foolish and
> suicidal.

Given that Iran is never going to be capable of
"destroying" the United States and Israel, it
seems to me it's foolish and suicidal to take
what he said any other way than as a prediction
that we're on a course leading to our own
destruction (such as by taking what he said as a
threat).