> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, kaladevi93 <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> >  From the TM Free blog:
> >
> > Why TM is Dangerous and Blocks the Path to Liberation
> >
> > Meditate on any mantra long enough and you will awaken
kundalini.
> Add
> > some breathing exercises and some asanas and it makes it even
more
> > likely. If that doesn't work, one can use an occult yogic
technique
> > like samyama.
> >
> > Such an awakening however is both a blessing and a curse.
> >
> > It's a blessing if one has been gifted with a true Master, one
who
> can
> > guide you through all the possible errors and handle all the
> different
> > types of students. One who knows the techniques for a balanced
> > awakening and how to correct imbalances when they occur.
> >
> > It's a curse if one is left alone to fend for oneself when
> something
> > goes awry. Kundalini naturally has several routes it can take.
Most
> > people have only heard of one, the sushumna nadi. But actually
> > sushumna nadi is not the easiest path for kundalini to take.
There
> are
> > other routes which offer a "path of least resistance" and all of
> these
> > paths have one thing in common: they never "complete"
themselves.
> [...]
unlikely
> > such a person will achieve liberation in this lifetime. In fact,
> one
> > will take that particular deflected awakening into their next
> > existence since kundalini awakening follows the student from
life
> to life.
> >
> > Being in such a position of suspension has it's advantages for
the
> > false "master" as it virtually assures compliance, dependence and
> > someone who's almost guaranteed to hang around for the "next best
> > thing". This is really nothing new, tantric masters of the vama
> marga,
> > the left hand path, have known of such control techniques for
> centuries.
> >
> > Many have heard the oft-repeated yogic maxim "avoid the
siddhis",
> they
> > are nothing but trouble. Few understand the reason. Certain
> > meditational methods aimed at such siddhis will force the
> kundalini up
> > an errant path were it can activate the brain centers which in
turn
> > activate the siddhis (often the vajra-nadi). Once one has, they
are
> > trapped. And sometimes that is just the right formula for the
> > "master". Then he can utilize any powers the student achieves,
> however
> > minor, for his own ends. If he can get groups of students to do
so,
> > all the better for his agenda.
> >
> > Kundalini shakti which takes it's proper path, the sushumna nadi
> and
> > it's sequentially finer paths, citrini nadi and brahma nadi, is
> > capable of delivering true spiritual experience in a relatively
> short
> > time. It does not take decades.
> >
> > What are the signs of an incorrect rising? They are many and
they
> vary
> > depending on the specific path kundalini takes. But a few would
> > include obsessive or personality disorders which go away when one
> > stops meditating but return when one continues, depression,
> > fascination with channelling or other occult powers, feelings of
> > heaviness or lethargy, strange food allergies, moodiness or
> > sensitivity to others, the need to isolate oneself from others, a
> > sense of "being stuck", the inability to separate from the group
or
> > function in the outer world, physical pain, feeling compelled to
> wait
> > for the "next thing" the master says or does rather than gain a
> sense
> > of balanced independence, spiritual experiences which come and
then
> > go, phobias, hypochondria, etc.
> >
> > It's a very workable formula for a manipulative guru intent on
> > something other than your best interests.

What a jerk!  Whoever posted this, and other anti TM posts I've read
on Fairfield Life, always have this, "I'm more holy than you" ring
and are fundamentalists in themselves.  Whoever you are, don't you
realize that there are many, many people that have had true Self-
Realization through the TM path, which not only makes your post
totally irrevelevant, but more importantly shows that it is not
necessarily true.  The TM path has come directly out of the
Shankaracharya tradition.  Are you going to try to tell me that the
Shankaracharya tradition is not valid either?
Why can't you just keep your opinions to yourself?  Whatever you
believe is fine and I can respect it.  But why waste your time
trying to take down someone else's spiritual beliefs?  Does it make
you feel better about yourself because you think you have the "true
way" and you're going to help all of us poor souls who have been
deluded by Maharishi?  Thanks, but no thanks.