Jonathan, these are real interesting posts you are contributing.
Thanks for coming on to FFL and posting them.

This is about as simple as it gets said:

<
ML: The history of mankind is a history of war. Think about the
Protestants and the Catholics, or the Shiites and the Sunnis, or the
ongoing conflicts in Jerusalem, which is the focus of people of three
different religions. They fight about everything. Mankind invents
things to fight about. There have been thousands of wars in recorded
history. But Maharishi has come up with a formula for world peace,
which he believes can be achieved with large groups of meditators.
When people meditate, they have a calming effect on others. Also, if
you have large groups of people listening to gandharva-ved music,
they will connect with each other whether they're meditating or not.
Just by hearing, one can connect to the transcendental level and
stabilize the environment. This will have a peaceful effect
throughout creation.
RE: World peace is a dream of humankind. What's stopping us from
achieving it?
ML: I think it's society and our problems, as well as a lack of
information and a lack of priorities. People have jobs and houses and
families. People are too busy to think about the big issues. We need
to change that.

George Fox and the Quakers were saying this back in the 1600's.  They
got in a lot of trouble for it then, but were not anywhere as corrupt
as the TMorg has become even in its first iteration, not yet before
even the master has died.

-Doug in Fairfield

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Psychology Today, May, 2001  by Robert Epstein
>   Interview with Mike Love
>   Recently, PT editor-in-chief Robert Epstein, Ph.D., traveled to
Lake Tahoe, Nevada, and visited with Beach Boy Mike Love to talk
above Love's long-time devotion to transcendental meditation. Wearing
a flowered silk shirt and a Beach Boys baseball cap, Love spoke with
a serenity that other members of this world-changing band were never
able to achieve. Dennis Wilson, Love's first cousin and the band's
drummer, had serious problems with alcohol and drugs and drowned at
age 38 in an alcohol-related accident in 1983. Brian, Dennis'
brother, had a nervous breakdown in 1965 and struggled with drugs and
obesity for many years. Carl, the third Wilson brother, died of
cancer in 1998. Love's life, in contrast, has been fairly serene, and
he credits his good fortune to his 35-year practice of meditation,
which he learned from the renowned Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. When he's
not at Lake Tahoe with his wife and children, Mike travels worldwide
with a reconstituted version of the famous
>  Beach Boys.
>   RE: Why is meditation so important to you?
>   ML: People ask me about the Beach Boys all the time. But the only
thing worth talking about is peace--inner peace and collective peace,
or what I call peace with a capital "P" There are different things
one can do to establish and hasten the peace process. Meditation is
one way.
>   RE: What has meditation done for you personally? What would you
be like today if you hadn't made this discovery?
>   ML: Without meditation, I'd probably be dead. It has allowed me
to transcend all the bothersome things that happen during the course
of a day, a week, a month, a career or a lifetime. I go beyond a
certain level of thought. Some of those types of thoughts come from a
stressed physiology. They appear in your mind as, "I want to kill
that person," "I want to kick the dog," "I want to hurt my wife," "I
want to emotionally abuse people."
>   In Paris, in December of 1967, my first meditation was taught by
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi--the founder of the transcendental meditation
program. The feeling I had, physiologically and emotionally, was one
of tranquility and deep peace. I was more relaxed and tranquil than
I'd ever been. During meditation your metabolism and your breath rate
go down to a level of rest, twice that of deep sleep. But you're not
asleep, you're aware. It was so profound I thought, "Wow, this is so
easy and so powerful. I feel so relaxed. If everyone did this, the
entire world would be a different place." It's still an inspiration
to me, that first meditation.