I know one of my favorite UU holiday memories was one Christmas in the 80's
when the wealthy (and, as I recall, somewhat older and generally female) TM
contingent at 1st Unitarian in Providence (R.I.) were threatening to remove Tom
Ahlburn from the pulpit because he was irritating them so with his
faux-Buddhist ways:  a joyful Christmas time was had by all (just like here at
FairfieldLife).

sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm just another convert.

Yeah, well, I attend ALL official Uni-Uni holidays...

Chadwick <jochadw1@> wrote:

> > Middle-class X'nity is alot more about being middle-class than it is about
> > X'nity (and
> that is one thing that X'n fundamentalists and Unitarian Universalists such
> as myself
agree
> about).
>
> Ha! Betcha *I* am a better Unitarian Universalist than YOU are...
> ;-)
>

> > Patrick Gillam <jpgillam@> wrote:
> > > X'nity after all is the spiritual high school
> > > of our place and time
> >
> > If that's the case, I want to see what the
> > cheerleaders are wearing.
> > They're wearing whatever they're told to wear. As Geroge Patterson,
> > emeritus six-
> figure UM chaplain at the U of I, once told me (and I believe he was
> emphasizing his
point
> with his index finger when he said it): "The church believes in social
> control."
> >

> > Recent Activity
> >
> > 2
> > New Members
> >
> > Visit Your Group
> > New business?
> > Get new customers.
> > List your web site
> > in Yahoo! Search.
> >
> > Y! GeoCities
> > Create a Web Site
> > Easy-to-use tools.
> > Get started now.
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups
> > Start a group
> > in 3 easy steps.
> > Connect with others.
> >

> > .

> > Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real
> > people
who
> know.

> always stay connected to friends.