> sparaig wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> >> I think that is one problem when one becomes enlightened, they start
> >> neglecting the body because they experience no attachment to it.  I bet
> >> quite a few here who have been meditating for years and have some degree
> >> of enlightenment keep trying to remind themselves to look into some
> >> medical problem even if it is just a toothache because they only
> >> "witness" it and it is not as overwhelming as it would have been before
> >> they were meditating.
> >>

> > ???SO much for integration of mind and body...
> And thus why you hear about gurus and such (including MMY) getting
> sick.  I think to propose that people will have perfect health just
> because they are enlightened is a bit ludicrous and probably displays a
> misunderstanding of what enlightenment is about.  I think that one may
> have an opportunity to keep their bodies in better shape with
> enlightenment like a fine tuned sports car but they may not put their
> attention there.  I think that would depend on the individual and what
> knowledge they already possess such as ayurveda would be a plus.
> However Robert Svoboda in one of this books on ayurveda tells a tale of
> a major ayurvedic instructor who came down with cancer and one would
> have thought that he would have caught it at its earliest symptoms.

There's enlightenment and there's enlightenment. FULL enlightenment requires
the ability
to perform any and all sidhis perfectly.

I recall a lecture by Keith Wallace many years ago where MMY challanged people
to come
up with a clear sign of physical immortality. Keith's answer was the one MMY
latched onto:
the ability to float. If your Unity is at THAT level of integration, then all
of your immediate
environment naturally reflects this state. "Immediate environment" includes
"body" and
"mind."