Peter,

you are asking why I continue speak out about MMY and his teachings.

The answer is remarkably simple.

Having learned TM I decided to practice it come-what-may, for at
least ten years, to see how it measured up to its claims. I decided
to let the time run longer, and longer, and longer. (In fact I even
vowed to continue its practise even if MMY disavowed the teaching.)

I put the together 'The Maharishi: The Man Who Gave Transcendental
Meditation to the World', and as Vaj rightly says, it is the only
objective biography of the man and his teaching extant. But I didn't
stop researching the Maharishi, TM and his master, I kept up the
project for much longer, and I have shared much of the Guru Dev
translation work free-of-charge on my website
http://www.paulmason.info/ .

I kept practising the TM technique more many more years after the
publication.
But after more than three and a half decades it struck me it was
about time I actually decided it was time to come to some sort of
verdict, about TM and about MMY.

Since I am recognised as an authority on the subject (at least by
those honest enough to admit it) I thought I'd share my verdict. I
posted this on TM-Free Blog a few days ago. But afterwards I realised
that there must still be great many people who still don't even have
the basic points.

I notice you don't attempt to correct me on any point raised in the
blog. That is interesting, very interesting

Finally, the suggestion that I get on and attend to my own life.
Well, as it happens, I most certainly do (which is the main reason I
seldom log on to the TM forums. But, as it happens I consider that
sharing the enormous amount of research on the MMY is a part of
attending to my life.

It would be all too convenient for those who just want to hear sweet
truths if I were to be quiet.

You have your views on MMY, I have never once tried to silence you or
anyone else on the subject. I have never suggested that you go and
attend to your life.

It seems the truth has got you just a tad mad at me, just a tad. But
as another responent pointed out to someone else, don't shoot the
messenger or in your case encourage the messenger to turn his
attention to something else. It sounds just a bit like that bit in
the Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy and Toto were told to ignore 'the Man
Behind The Curtain'.

Paul

PS To the so-called supports of the Maharishi and of TM, on FFL,
don't convince me much, you seem to spend an inordinate amount of
time and energy sparring and being unpleasant to one another, and to
those you perceive as threats. Is that what practising TM impels you
to do? It never did that to me, that's for sure.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>