--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert Gimbel wrote:
> > I'm sure in India, when Maharishi was with Guru Dev, there
> > were some powerful ceremonies, and powerful being which
> > would help to dispel any deep rooted lower energies.
> >
> From what I've read, Robert, being in the same room with Guru Dev
was a
> meditation in itself, where transcending just comes of itself -
there
> was no need for a technique or even any instruction. According to
> Swami Brahmanand Saraswati, the Light needs no other illumination -
it
> is self-shinning. All you need is the ideal opportunity for the
> transcending. In some cases all you need is to be in the presence of
> an enlightened saint - that IS a meditation without any effort. It's
> only because were are alone without a guru or a teacher that we
resort
> to striving and apply effort.
>
> As the Yoga Sutras state: "yogash chittavritti nirodha" which means,
> "Yoga is mental activity cessation" - Y.S I.v.2

I agree with you.
That being in the radiance of that bright of a light, must have been
unsurpassed...
In the absence of that contact, I have found recently, by chance...
Being introduced to someone, out here in Seattle.
This person is a trained Shaman, and was able to help me rid myself
of lower energies, which were in my energy field.
Since that time, which was only a couple of weeks ago, my mind is so
much more settled, and my experience of TM is completely different,
as well as my general experience;
So, it was truely a profound experience for me.
Now, I do not know if Guru Dev, had access to this kind of process,
but it is certainly of benefit, to anyone who has experienced
depression, or any other nagging symptom, of anxiety and so forth.
So, just thought I'd pass on this experience, if anyone could relate
to it.