--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > How many U.S. Attorneys did Bush fire when he took office?
> > >
> jstein wrote:
> > Almost all of them. Same with Reagan.
> >
> What's up with this:
>
> Forty-eight of the fifty-four U.S. Attorneys studied had resigned to
> pursue other jobs, such as federal judgeships or more lucrative
> opportunities in the private sector. Of the remaining eight, two
> were apparently dismissed by President Reagan for specific behavior
> and three resigned after questionable conduct.

Exactly.  Thanks for confirming.

>From the same article:

Today, a new report concludes that Bush's actions were completely
unprecedented. The study was conducted by the non-partisan
Congressional Research Service (CRS) and released by House Judiciary
Chairman Rep. John Conyers and Subcommittee Chairwoman Rep. Linda
Sánchez.

The CRS found that of the 486 U.S. Attorneys confirmed in a
president's initial term since 1981, 54 left voluntarily before
completing a full four-year term. Of those, no more than three had
been forced out under circumstances similar to the current situation.

The examination is ongoing because the Bush Administration has
refused to cooperate with the CRS' investigation. "I intend to do
everything within my power to obtain the necessary information and
get to the bottom of this growing scandal," Conyers said.