--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oh God! This is what will happen when Maharishi dies.

Indeed, it might. I fully admit to being taken in
for a few minutes, because it reminded me of my
favorite "niche market" item, a wristwatch that
appeared in the Nineties that sold for $100,000.
It wasn't even heavily jeweled, but it was on
backorder for *three years*.

Why? It was clunky, and not terribly attractive,
but six times a day -- at prayer time -- it chimed
gently, and then its built-in GPS system whirred
for a while and then pointed the direction to Mecca.
It was all the rage among wealthy Arabs, so much so
that they were willing to pay that much money and
then wait three years to get one.

Brilliant April Fool's joke. Deep bow. :-)

> It will all go to crap.

As if it hasn't already. That's why it's so believable.

> Don't do anything that's not due east. Do you have to walk
> sideways to always catch the sun?

I found myself imagining two Rajas trying to have
a conversation and continually circling one another
trying to be the one who is facing East during the
conversation. :-)

Or, in the recent festivities in Vlodrop, wondering
who got to face East? Was it Maharishi, up on his
throne, or the...uh...paying customers in the
audience?

Nicely done, hermandan.