--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "coulsong2001" <geoff@> wrote:
> >
> > I hardly ever post here, but I read FFL quite a bit and I
> > absolutely second Rory and New.morning here. I'm no true
> > believer, but I'm a great fan of Judy's incisive thinking
> > and writing. Apart from when things get too convoluted (e.g.
> > in the Barry-Judy wars), I enjoy almost all of her posts.
> >
> > So that makes 3 of us.
>
> Make that 4.

<bowing respectfully to all>

Thanks, guys.

<also thanks in advance to anybody else who
wants to chime in, hint, hint>

> Judy earned my respect years ago on a.m.t., and I agree with you
> about the Barry-Judy wars. Judy wields a razor sharp intellect
> that far surpasses that of most, if not all the people she debates
> online,

Not sure of that, but being an editor does
give me a bit of an advantage in this medium.

 and as a result, she leaves behind a virtual battlefield
> of shredded, battered egos. Also, based on what I've learned from
> Petra, who has very strong Mars characteristics, men often don't
> appreciate powerful women, and I think that adds to the rancor felt
> by the men who cross her path. E.g, Skolnick's 'Junkyard Dog' page
> is, IMO, nothing more than a shrine to his own microphallus.

<guffaw>

There's nothing sadder than men who like to
think of themselves as alpha males but who
lack the, er, equipment.