There were so many moments of really entertaining brilliance in this
post.  High five for that.

Although I don't share your views on the value of what MMY brought to
the world, I sure can appreciate your take on him.  He will remain a
fascinating character in my life's drama that is for sure.

I dig your line about Buddha meeting Buddha.  I don't tend to view
myself that way, but if someone posts up with a Buddha name tag, I'm
putting mine on too since I look everyone directly in the eye.

It is interesting to see you including MMY and The Donald in the same
post since I view them as much more similar than different in
personality type/disorder.  I have learned some valuable things from
both of them.

I am really glad you are taking the time to post here.  That was a
great ride!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Who can listen to Donald Trump talk about any subject with that
> hairstyle of his?  I'd rather talk to Someone with a cobra draped
> around His neck.  Really!  If one has to be distracted during a
> conversation, geeze, at least let it be by IMPENDING DEATH and not an
> off-centered pelt that a good veterinarian could resuscitate. It's
> easy to see ourselves being parochial and having thoughts about others
> that are not sweet, not true, and not necessary for us to "abide
> with."  We know the drill.  But, we all know how we love to jam a
> projection of our personal dynamics into any summing up of another's
> "style."  We all know how one can become so immediately convinced
> about one's superiority over another.
>
> Easy to disconnect.
>
> Yet, most of us believe that each spark of sentience -- even when but
> dimly seen in another person -- is divine.  But if we purposely refuse
> to see the sacred when it's disguised in an unpleasant garb, it's
> hypocrisy -- plain and simple.  But it can be so hard to have
> integrity and act upon one's philosophical morals -- who amongst us
> will toss a buck to "God" when he's disguised as a urine soaked bum on
> the street corner screaming at invisible entities?
>
> It's one thing to be a good Samaritan, but, hey, we all know that the
> typical bum on the street needs $25,000 in dental work alone, and
> it'll take at least 200 hours of Dr. Phil one-on-one-ing to even begin
> to fix the bum's messed up personality patterns, and probably there's
> a dozen outstanding felony warrants on the bum's sheet.  Unless one is
> able to pay for a bum's entire refurbishing, well, it might make one
> feel better to -- instead -- shred-up the dollar and give it to a
> passing Norway wharf rat for nesting material.
>
> But, no, not that.  Samaritanism is not the wisdom I've read here
> lately.
>
> It's not about whether Maharishi can resonate with the masses.  It's
> about if one can actually revere each moment -- no matter if one is in
> a cave, conundrum or conniption.
>
> Or cult.
>
> I remember Be Here Now where there's this wonderful drawing of Christ
> on the cross watching the spike being hammered into His hands.  Ram
> Dass notes the utter compassion Christ felt for the executioners'
souls.

> Now that's clarity about another's viewpoint, eh?
>
> That's what I'm reading here recently.
>
> It's not about pity for the other guy's imprisonment within a
> personality's limitations.  It's not about sighing deeply.
>
> It's about being thrilled with each and every person's viewpoint --
> like it was a 40 caret diamond just found laying on the ground.  It's
> about seeing how God solves each moment's needs -- mows into the
angst.

> God takes on the impossible.  For fun.
>
> Strike that.
>
> God TOKES on the impossible.  For fun.
>
> That's what I've read here in the most recent posts of Turq and
Curtis.