--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], nablusoss1008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "dhamiltony2k5"
> <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> > >wrote:
> > >
> > > Maharishi's World Plan revisited
> > >
> > > Remember the old analogy >
> >
> > > Imagine a thousand people, ...to
> > > loose that volley of light, unleashed steadily upon the earth,
> > > changing the age, silence supporting activity, transforming
life
> > >for
> > > all of us here on earth.
>

> > Really, what do you think he (Maharishi) could do in the end to
> help?
> >
> > Just wondering what you think about how it has really gone for
> > Maharishi, now.
>
> What Maharishi has done is a full fledge success. I do not get your
> point, if you have one. That the americans do not turn up for
flying
> is hardly Maharishis fault but rather the effect of their own sad
> karma. My take is the the effect of all the wars the americans have
> fought since WWII now is descending upon them. Just to cleanse them
> from the effect of the Vietnam war will take many generations.

At the time, Maharishi supported the U.S. going to war in Vietnam and
encouraged young American men to go and fight there.

Indeed, the poet Alan Ginsberg was so angry at Maharishi that he
wrote an article at the time condemning him for doing so.