In a message dated 4/14/07 5:58:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

It seems  that I read a story in a paper about a year or so ago
> where a teacher  used the word niggardly and was fired because
> it upset a certain  student in the class.

<sigh> No. This was back in '99, in the  D.C.
mayor's office. The staffer who used the word
offered to resign  because of the negative
publicity; his resignation was accepted, but
he  was later rehired when it became clear he
hadn't used a racial  slur.

No, it was a different story about the same time as this one or one like  it.