--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > It's also true. Just pay attention to what the
> > > people who have reacted to this strongly actually
> > > *say* on this forum. Then pay attention to the ones
> > > who actually have something *to* say. 'Nuff said.
> >
> > Two points.
> >
> > First, "the people who..." is another of Barry's thinly
> > veiled codes for "Judy."
> >
> > Second, what nobody here seems to understand is that
> > it's *Barry* who gets to determine whather what "people"
> > (that is, "Judy") say here is "something" or not.
>
> I am sympathetic to your being a regular victim of baiting -- by a
> Master. I am less sympathetic in that you usually take the bait.
>
> I am baffled by your statement above.

(This is my sixth post today, but I wanted to dispel
this misunderstanding quickly in case anyone else
shared it. I'll limit myself to four posts tomorrow.)

My statement above was *sarcasm*, a reference to
Barry's assertion that what he said about me was
"true." I thought that would be obvious, but
apparently not.

<snip>
> On the broader point of not addressing a persons traits,
> hangups, percieved flaws, etc, but rather focus on the
> content of the post, to aviod inciting flame wars: both
> you and Barry have two violations today. Not severe ones,
> but this is leading up to the so old flame war dynamic.

Which isn't prevented by the five-post limit,
obviously.

> Thus I suggest to the moderators:
>
> 1) Solve the problem at its root. Put Barry and Judy on
> suspension (no posts) for 3 days. Limit them to 5 posts
> a day for several weeks upon their return

I've already suggested putting both of us on
moderation (as opposed to suspension) for the
time being.  I'm not the "root" of the problem,
Barry is (bear in mind that his current attack
on me was entirely gratuitous), but I'm willing
to share the rap for the sake of forcing Barry
to put a cork in it.

Suspension with no warning, however, I don't
think is appropriate. If Rick wants to establish
suspension as a penalty for future such posts,
though, I'm fine with that.