> What about the will of God... maybe the Age
> of Enlightenment
> has an average temperature similar to Maui year
> around???  I'd take that.

That's right! Charlie Lutes said the age of
emlightenment would bring sub-tropical weather to the
US!

This tidbit I heard him say personally, in a talk in
Westwood, MA, in 1978 or 1979.

--- handsonmaui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> different reasons.... less oil usage means political
> and economic
> influence from the Middle East will be greatly
> reduced.
> Vegetarianism, or at least only occasional meat
> consumption, by the
> masses will eliminate hog confinement operations and
> make more food
> (grains and veggies) available for the starving
> masses around the world.
>
> Global warming... doesn't really concern me because
> I am not convinced
> that it is a negative or positive.
>
> I can't quite understand why everyone who talks of
> the coming of Sat
> Yuga, the new millennium, the golden age, etc. gets
> all bent out of
> shape that things are changing and are so sure the
> it is BAD (really
> bad).  What about the will of God... maybe the Age
> of Enlightenment
> has an average temperature similar to Maui year
> around???  I'd take that.
>
> HandsOnMaui
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > April 29, 2007
> >
> > Climate change hits Mars
> >
> > Mars is being hit by rapid climate change and it
> is happening so fast
> > that the red planet could lose its southern ice
> cap, writes Jonathan
> > Leake.
> >
> > Scientists from Nasa say that Mars has warmed by
> about 0.5C since the
> > 1970s. This is similar to the warming experienced
> on Earth over
> > approximately the same period.
> >
> > Since there is no known life on Mars it suggests
> rapid changes in
> > planetary climates could be natural phenomena.
> >
> > The mechanism at work on Mars appears, however, to
> be different from
> > that on Earth. One of the researchers, Lori
> Fenton, believes
> > variations in radiation and temperature across the
> surface of the Red
> > Planet are generating strong winds.
> >
> > In a paper published in the journal Nature, she
> suggests that such
> > winds can stir up giant dust storms, trapping heat
> and raising the
> > planet's temperature.
> >
> > Fenton's team unearthed heat maps of the Martian
> surface from Nasa's
> > Viking mission in the 1970s and compared them with
> maps gathered more
> > than two decades later by Mars Global Surveyor.
> They found there had
> > been widespread changes, with some areas becoming
> darker.
> >
> > When a surface darkens it absorbs more heat,
> eventually radiating
> > that heat back to warm the thin Martian
> atmosphere: lighter surfaces
> > have the opposite effect. The temperature
> differences between the two
> > are thought to be stirring up more winds, and

http://mail.yahoo.com
  • [Fai... shempmcgurk
    • ... authfriend
      • ... shempmcgurk
        • ... authfriend
          • ... shempmcgurk
          • ... shempmcgurk
    • ... gullible fool
    • ... TurquoiseB
      • ... Samadhi Is Much Closer Than You Think -- Really -- It's A No-Brainer.