I propose modifying the requirement to a permanent & final 7-post limit.
Cosmically speaking, 7 is a much better number than 5 (I'm serious).  Musically
speaking, as progfreaks in general (and fans of King Crimson in particular)
already know:  if it ain't in seven then ya ain't in heaven.  And so I ask you,
Mr. Moderator:  What else is FFL really other than the Music of the Spheres?
  Musica universalis    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  Musica
universalis (lit. universal music, or music of the spheres) is an ancient
philosophical concept that regards proportions in the movements of celestial
bodies — the Sun, Moon, and planets — as a form of musica (the Medieval Latin
name for music). This 'music' is not literally audible, but simply a harmonic
and/or mathematical concept.

  Some Surat Shabda Yoga Satgurus considered the music of the spheres to be a
term synonymous with the Shabda (also known as the Audible Life Stream) in that
tradition, because they considered Pythagoras to be a Satguru as well.

"new.morning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Rick,

I don't want to place an administrative burden on you or anyone. I was
thinking more of an honor system -- with sosme verification for
blatant abusers.

In other words, I think most people can count thier own posts and self
limit them. I would tend to post way less than 35 a week, but might do
7-8 /day on week ends, particulrly if Curtis, Marek, Judy, Peter,
Mark, Patrick -- among my favorite posters -- or others, engage me /
others in an interesting diologue / conversation. No need to really
count those whoe honor and demonstrate they can be trusted on an honor
system.

For the 5% of abusers, it becomes obvious when someone is on a posting
jag and needs help. Thus anyone who is annoyed, can count up all posts
within 7 days from any starting point and if its more than 35, notify
you and you can moderated them. If no one complains, then ok.

Bottom line is you do not need to be burdene3d with counting anything.
The system is both self-monitored, or monitored by readers. You just
need to "push the button" when it comes to your attention from a
volunteer counter / annoyed reader that someone is on a jag and needs
"help" to control themselves.

---------------------

I am assuming this is an "administrative post" and doesn't count as my
five. Or just Cut me off. :)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The trouble with this idea is that, as you said, counting is
difficult. But
> if people really wanted me to, I'd be willing to average posts over
a week,
> and start the recount each Monday morning. Let's have feedback on
that idea.
> An alternative would be for you to do all your writing in your email
program
> or in 5 long emails which you save as drafts until you've done all the
> writing you want to do and can send them. Of course, that prevents the
> liveliness of back and forth dialog, and might discourage readership, as
> many people wouldn't want to read big long things, unless they were
> extremely well written. I used to notice that FFL became more active on
> weekends, especially Sundays, as people have more time to
participate. So
> again, I'm open to the idea of a 35-post weekly limit for each
member. Let's
> get some feedback on that.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.