--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Man, how prejudiced you are.
> Around about 1978 (+-) there was this rare Yogi who visited
> Seelisberg. Almost every night Maharishi let him lecture in the Main
> Assembly Hall. All he would talk about was unity in all it's facets.
> Evening after evening. Unity, unity, unity and the need for seclusion
> to reach that state.
> Nothing wrong with that, the Yogi, who's name I no longer recall, was
> obviously firmly established in that state.
> One day Maharishi told his secretary to take the fellow on a trip to
> Lucern. And he was rather surprized to suddenly find himself in a
> well known bar in that city where the secretary insisted they should
> spend quite some time.
> When the Yogi's time in Seelisberg was up and he was going home to
> India someone asked him how his stay had been. Marvelous he said,
> then he declared that Maharishi is a generous and great Mahapurusha.
> But, he said, Maharishis secretaries are rather strange !
>
> The lesson ? Perhaps the Yogi needed to grow into Brahman, to
> experience that he was in fact everything, including bars and their
> inhabitants.
>
> Would Maharishi denounce brothels ? Me think not.

Did his name start with an M.? Msomethingananda? I think I remember
him and remember hearing the story. He was a very nice guy. If its the
same one Maharishi sent him to different places in the movement, on a
tour through europe, like Skandinavia, also Rhineweiler where I was.
He visited again, when Shantanand was in Seelisberg in 83. He had a
lot of Ashrams in India. I remember seeing him and the Shankaracharya
off with Maharishi at Zürich airport.